Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 220g wholemeal flour
- 80g oatmeal or quick oats
- 80g chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 90g butter
- Preheat the oven to 170C.
- Process the flour, oats, walnuts, pepper and butter until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Add 2/3 cup water and process again until a dough forms.
- Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface until 3mm thick, then cut out rounds with a 7cm cutter, re-rolling until all the dough is used. Place rounds on a baking paper-lined tray.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until pale golden on top and allow to cool completely on the oven tray.
- Store biscuits in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Makes a great addition to a cheese plate or grazing board.