Embrace the wholesome goodness of this nourishing soup, featuring fresh veggies, hearty beans and Vegie Delights Lentil Burgers, making it rich in vitamin B12, protein and zinc. It’s the ultimate comfort meal in the colder months.
Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 20 mins
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 stick celery, diced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 Vegie Delights™ Lentil Burgers
- 1 x 400g tin of borlotti beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 400g tin no added salt chopped tomatoes
- 3 ½ cups water or reduced salt vegetable stock
- 1 sprig thyme leaves
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 70g green beans, ends trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 slices wholegrain toast to serve
- Set aside the Vegie Delights™ Lentil Burgers to defrost while you prepare the vegetables.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and garlic and cook over medium heat to soften. Add the chopped vegetables and stir to combine. Sauté for 3-4 minutes to slightly soften the veg.
- If the burgers are defrosted, crumble them into the saucepan and mix through the vegetables. If not, place them on the bottom of the saucepan and allow to heat through slightly on each side so that they soften and then break them up in the pan with a wooden spoon.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, water (or stock) and thyme leaves. Add the borlotti beans and stir to combine.
- Cover the saucepan with a lid and bring to the boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until all vegetables are soft.
- Add the green beans in the last few minutes of cooking, season with black pepper and serve topped with parsley and a side of wholegrain toast.
Recipe and image kindly provided by Vegie Delights.
Find Vegie Delights Lentil Burgers in the plant-based freezer section of Coles.