This comforting dish is full of plant-based protein, zinc, iron and vitamin B12, making it a beneficial choice for those following a plant-based diet. Plus, it’s easy to make and delicious; what more could you want?
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 35 min
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small brown onion
- 1 cup brown rice
- ½ cup wild rice
- 1 pack Vegie Delights™ Lentil Burgers
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme, stalks removed
- 4 cups reduced salt vegetable stock
- 100g baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup flaked almonds
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil leaves (optional)
- In a large saucepan, sauté the garlic, onions and both types of rice in the olive oil for about 3 minutes. Add the Vegie Delights™ Lentil Burgers to the pan and heat briefly on both sides. Use a wooden spoon to break down the burgers and crumble.
- Add the thyme, stock, and stir and break up the burgers. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 20-25 minutes.
- Stir through spinach and the almonds. Cook until all the liquid is absorbed, probably only a few minutes. Stir through the basil and serve warm.
Recipe and image kindly provided by Vegie Delights.
Find Vegie Delights Lentil Burgers in the plant-based freezer section of Coles.