Lupini beans have always been a staple snack given out in Arabic households. Make sure to remove the beans from the brine and soak them overnight, as they will be excessively salty!
Preparation time: 5-10 minutes (without soaking lupini beans)
- 400g flat lupini beans- tinned in brine
- 400g canned fava beans
- 1 large lemon
- Cumin powder to taste
- Salt to taste
- Coriander as garnish
- Remove lupini beans from brine and soak in water overnight to remove excess salt.
- Once soaked, measure around 400g of lupini beans and place in a bowl.
- Open canned fava beans and wash until clean. Add fava beans to bowl
- Peel lemon, ensuring leaving the white rind on and chop into square chunks. Add these into the bowl.
- Mix the bowl together.
- Serve with cumin powered and salt sprinkled on top.
- Garnish with coriander for a pop of colour.
Recipe supplied by Rasha Abdo, Student Dietitian from University of Wollongong