Makes: approx. 25 pieces
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 55 minutes
- 1 cup McKenzie’s Soup Mix, rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 zucchini, roughly chopped
- 1 small head broccoli, roughly chopped
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- ½ cup basil leaves
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- McKenzie’s Salt & Pepper Grinder, to taste
- 2-3 sheets puff pastry, partially thawed
- 1 egg whisked with 1 tablespoon milk
- Pepitas or seed mix, for sprinkling
- Combine soup mix, garlic and rosemary in a large saucepan with 6 cups of water. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Drain, removing rosemary sprig and allow to cool slightly.
- Place zucchini, broccoli, spring onions, basil, mint, egg and parmesan into a food processor. Pulse until a coarse texture has formed. Add cooked soup mix and pulse until well combined. Season well.
- Cut each pastry sheet into two and spoon or pipe vegetable mixture down the centre of each piece. Brush edge with eggwash and fold over to form rolls. Transfer to a lined baking tray, partially cut into each roll to make 5 pieces per roll. Brush tops with more eggwash and sprinkle with pepitas or seed mix. Bake for 25 minutes until golden.
Recipe and image kindly provided by McKenzie’s Foods, for more recipes visit their website.