Makes: 40 bites
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- ½ cup McKenzie’s French Style Lentils
- 1 ½ cups mixed nuts (i.e. almonds & walnuts)
- 1 cup medjool dates
- ¾ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbs water
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- Desiccated coconut for rolling, to taste
- Prepare and cook lentils according to pack directions, until well cooked.
- Meanwhile, place the nuts into the food processor and blend until coarse. Add dates and shredded
coconut and blend. Remove from the food processor.
- Place cooled lentils in food processor. Add peanut butter, vanilla, water and cacao.
- Puree to a smooth paste.
- Add nut mixture back into food processor with all remaining ingredients except the desiccated
coconut, and blend until combined. Mixture should combine to form balls easily.
- Roll mixture into balls approximately the size of a walnut. Coat balls in desiccated coconut whilst
still sticky. Place in an airtight container and store in the fridge or freezer.
To achieve a crunchy texture make sure you don’t overblend the mix.
Store in the freezer for a firmer texture or in the fridge for a softer texture.
Recipe and image kindly provided by McKenzie’s Foods, for more recipes visit their website.